...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Monday, November 07, 2005

This drink will do, and girl you look alright...and this band is playing like hell tonight

Friday: Cambodiana: good, Us: unpleasant, Memory: One I'd rather not have
Saturday: Sweater shopping: good, Adam Bell's house of instruments an his ability to play them: good, people being less happy party than usual at sci fomal: weird, still a lot of people being crazy fun: good, bourbon: good, playing shout with jack kerouac: probably over the line, realizing sweaters & dress shirts & t-shirts are hot together: good(attractive) & bad (physically overheating), dave breaking 2 strings on his guitar: throwback to yesteryear, dave bleeding: creepy, dave breaking his first string in the first song: sort of funny though, Fajitas for dinner: good, Blowing a fuse mid-set: down by the bay probably isn't that funny anymore, playing songs several times because you hoped people would be too drunk to notice but then they do notice and you're like "uh, whatever": whatever, there's more to write but i'm sort of bored of this day now: yeah Sunday: Uptown Girls: I can't believe I watched the whole thing
Monday: Here is a conversation that took place at my dinner table
Mom - "What can your brother play in your band? I've decided I'm going to be your manager, and I'm going to make Greg put on tight pants and run around the stage"
Derek - "What?"
Mom - I've been watching that Simpson father, with the two singing daughters a lot lately. I think you need to start appealing to 13 and 14 year old girls. That's where all the money is. Haven't you heard of JoJo?"
Dad- "Who's JoJo?"
Mom- "Oh man, you are SO out of it."
So all in all: good weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

that's a great pic.

4:30 AM

 
Blogger Funky T Boney said...

I am currently making your next album cover....its going to be gooood

11:09 AM

 
Blogger db said...

do it. it will force us to record another cd.

11:27 AM

 
Blogger gary_busey said...

Hey, while the khaki snack show wasn't the greatest I've seen, that new Dashboard band really rocked! Will they be playing again soon?

3:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home