...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Great American Sharpshooter

Thanks so much to everyone who came out to the show, waited in line, and bought a CD. It was a way bigger and better night than we could have anticipated. It was actually pretty fun. My favourite part of the night was when Provan DJ'd to start the show. And after the first chorus of Fallujah, the gentle downward spiral was in full effect. Oh, I do really like Cut the Grass now. I think. But can we stop with the Scatman? I get it, I dance like an idiot. Also, to everyone who bought us shots-thanks...I guess. My mom was relieved to know that I didn't do the lemon-in-the-eye thing, so that was good.

Speaking of mrs. b, you can hear part of a song she wrote for us among the live tracks on our cd. Most of those tracks are from the last two shows we played, with 1 or 2 exceptions. I probably should have spent more time on it, but listening to our shows and finding worthy tidbits is a fairly exhausting chore. Hopefully the cd is at very least a good souvenir, if not a moderately listenable novelty. We definitely learned what never to do again, and hopefully we'll do another one sooner than later.

Anyhow, I'm back in Peterborough. Arrested Development starts up again in two weeks. Until then, the doctor has prescribed me wine & less than jake. Honestly, this band is still the greatest thing going out there. Remember, Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You've Got Problems.

..hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home