...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Letter from a Starving Artist

In other news, I'm pretty excited to get back to Cambodiana this weekend. Although, I'll be honest I'm a little stressed out. Not so much about the fact that we're playing a show with a drummer who we've never played or practiced with before, but more about what we're going to wear. Sci Formal really demands a certain level of class, but on the flipside we're cheap. Two years ago we wore pink shirts, white pants and teal cumber buns... however I'm told it's a fairly large 'faux-pas' to recycle outfits at formal events, EVEN if they are gorgeous. Maybe we should all get fake moustaches. I know moustache are a bit cliche, but it's tough being me sometimes. You see, I can only grow the infamous Anti-Hitler, where you grow nothing under the nose, but simply on the outskirts. And I'll be honest, sometimes a guy just needs a moustache. I don't even know how to get fake moustaches. Do they itch? Probably.

Anyway, Dave and I made a list of new songs to cover for Sci Formal. I hope everyone going likes Roy Orbison. We will likely practice these after Sharp Hint this Friday, so anyone is more than welcome to hang around and watch us panic at our lack of knowledge and prepardness.

Finally, the highlight of my career in construction occured while writing the last paragraph. It involved overhearing a lengthy decision regarding our engineers' ability to "raise the roof". "Raise the roof, Tony. You gotta raise the roof." Unfortunately, in the end it was determined that we, in fact, can't raise the roof. Bummer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I can probably stick around. It'll just be like last year when you'd guys warm up in the lounge before heading into Clark, and I'd be in the GW office.

= P

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

ALSO,

You guys probably would have appreciated the workshop that a bunch of us ACE people participated in today - "Right! Off the Page: Performing and Loving The Stories We Share With Children." We made music and read children's stories. My group did "Jack's Story" from "The Stinky Cheese Man." We swear we didn't know Jack when we did it.

And they're RECORDED!

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home