...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Kerry Wins Election...as Jury Foreman

CNN is funny: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/23/kerry.juryduty.ap/index.html

So lately I've been looking through a lot of my old junk, trying to throw stuff out as my parents attempt to remove all evidence I ever lived in their house. In grade 11 drama I wrote a radio play with a friend of mine called "The Erotic Adventures of Moses". The premise was that "he gets into all sorts of crazy trouble...searchin' for love". How on Earth did we get away with this? I don't think it was very funny, but the theme song was pretty catchy.
This past weekend, I went to the John Orr dinner in Toronto. Well, not the dinner part, just the dance part, which in retrospect was a bit of a mistake. All I wanted out of the night was a picture with "Buffalo" Bill Leggett and/or Karen "Fat Guy Silhouette" Hitchcock. Of course, by arriving late, I totally blew my chance. It was still pretty fun. Provan was there in his purple shirt, marking the first time in weeks he wasn't wearing his matching Jeff Gordon hat and jacket. Dave was there too, but couldn't get in. Probably because he was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. My favourite part of the night was when a friend of mine laughed so hard he thought he dislocated his jaw. We contemplated going to the hospital. But we didn't. Another John Orr miracle.

I really wish I could think of a better nickname for Karen. I've used Hitchy in the past, but it's not that original. Unlike Buffalo Bill. It's pretty original. I got it from the NFL's Buffalo Bills.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Call her "Alfie." That's the nickname she mentioned to us in her interview for GW last year.

4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home