...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Friday, December 23, 2005

I don't mind you shooting at me, Frank, but take it easy on the Baccardi

Yeah, so Snackmas 2005 is not off to a thunderous beginning. There are several factors:

A) I'm sick - I've been busy either making or eating soup.
B) I'm in Peterborough - Aside from inducing depression, it also sucks for Christmas shopping.
C) I went to Oshawa - The only place worse than Peterborough that isn't Windsor is Oshawa. They have a huge mall where I was able to purchase 1/2 of my desired gifts, but it was still unpleasant. I have never seen anyone smile in Oshawa.
D) I'm pretty lazy - Too lazy to elaborate.
E) Still in Peterborough - And can't post any songs. Probably because they aren't beat poetry.

Anyway, my cold is slightly improved and I have smelled enough diesel fumes this morning to put anyone in a good mood. To celebrate, here is easily one of the best (novelty) songs of the year! It's called Going Camping by Parry Gripp. Since Dave and I started playing again at the end of second year, I made it my goal to try to emulate Nerf Herder in every manner possible. I figured that since they broke up it was no biggie. Then their lead singer starts releasing WAY better novelty songs than any human being could have ever imagined, let alone anticipated. He also starting doing a "Review of the Day" for his website promoting his album of product jingles "For those about to shop, We salute you". I'd like to say he was ripping off Movie Review but considering we had been covering "Do you like Waffles" for a year, we decided to call it even. Oh, and by the way, the original line up of Nerf Herder is back together and working on a new CD. Good news for us, as there will soon be another album of songs to rip off.

In other news, we have a MySpace page now. I don't really get the purpose of it, but I figure it's another place where we can host songs. Oh, and in the spirit of Christmas I'm going to give people some junk I don't want- Our First CD! In a day or two, I'll post every track from The Quintessential (3 years...4 songs) including Chris got a Blender for Christmas, my most hated and now favourite khaki snack song. I also found a lot of other good stuff like drunk Provan playing a song about me on a webcam in first year. It's (sort of) interesting, alright!
Finally, in the spirit of festivus, please post comments about all the ways we've disspointed you in this past year.

Giggles and Kisses,
Derek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home