...hello to wasted hours, bottoms up to better days...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Derek's Tips For Keeping Your Job

  • Learn the difference between the "Reply" button and the "Reply-All" button

CASE STUDY:
Friday I received an email regarding our company's chili cook-off. What follows is my response:


From: Derek Burpee
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:03 AM
Subject: RE: 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off

I think it's fair to inform you that I will not be preparing any chili for the 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off.

Good luck with this yearly event.

-Derek

PS I don't even like Chili
PPS But that's only because I don't like beans
PPPS Well, I like green beans, but you know what I mean

I should have hit the "Reply" button. Accidentally, I hit the "Reply-All" button. I was made aware of this after noticing the following emails in my inbox within minutes of me sending the above response.

-"I love how you replied to the entire company with that...."
-"I can't believe you copied everyone on this, LOL"
-"Do you like peas? Just wondering .........."
-"Are you cranky? It's 20 BELOW HERE!!! What's your excuse?"
-"I make chili without beans ! "
-"You should expect to receive many cans of beans for your next birthday"
-"I hope I don't dampen your humour but I need to have some mileage reports for 2007
(and regularly)!!!!! "

THE LESSON: Reply and Reply-All are two distinct buttons- one for replying, the other for replying to every single employee in your company. Also, Derek is an idiot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Venus Silva said...

Derek Burpee Is my Hero.. yes he is!

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home